Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday Night Catwalk

A return visit to The Honeysuckle Hotel last night. The evening commenced with a Cosmopolitan.The barman who took my order looked about 12...as did some of the patrons I "people watched" throughout the night. It was your typical cosmo - no flamed orange peel like at the Delany mind you - however I didn't much like the glass it came in. You know those plastic cocktail glasses you can buy with stems that are detachable? Well, it looked like my glass had a detachable stem and Junior forgot to get it out of the dishwasher.

The food at Honeysuckle has gotten a bad rap recently but for a pub meal, I didn't find it too bad...Once it arrived. FYI meals take a while. I do rate the chips (steak chips apparently) that accompanies most of the main meals and the crusted Barramundi is nice and .....crusty.

What I really want to talk about is the Catwalk that was paraded up and down last night. We were sitting upstairs which is a long narrow mezanine - the perfect catwalk. Now either the girls needed to go to the bathroom ALOT or they were consciously strutting themselves along the mezanine catwalk.But I'm sorry to say, there wasn't much to be strutting. Here's some advice, if you have a large build and are well endowed, please do not wear strapless dresses with a mini skirt - it is not flattering. Also, if you are pasty, pasty white, please do not wear cream or white - it is not flattering. And ladies, short shorts are for the beach, not the bar. Since when is a doily fashionable?  This past week, I have been having some pant issues - ie my 30 year old hips no longer fit my 20 something year old pants. But after what I witnessed last night, I've realised the solution. Just don't bloody wear any! There were some very short dresses..or were they actually just tops........?? And to those girls - please put on some underwear.

No comments:

Post a Comment